Visa Business Debit Card
Visa Business Debit Card FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the MetroCheck Business Card?
- It's a card that combines the acceptance of Visa® with the convenience and ease of an ATM card, and it is linked to your business checking account. You can use it to make purchases at millions of locations worldwide, pay bills and to do banking at the ATM. The amount of each transaction is deducted directly from the primary business checking account linked to the card.
- 2. Is this card a credit card?
- No, your MetroCheck Business Card is not a credit card, although you can use it everywhere Visa credit and business cards are accepted. The difference is, the money for the purchases comes right out of your checking account, so you're not charged any interest.
- 3. How do I use my MetroCheck Business Card to make purchases?
- When you present your card at checkout you may be asked to sign a receipt or enter your PIN to complete the transaction. Sometimes you may have the choice of completing the transaction as debit or credit. Either option is acceptable. The money for the purchase always comes out of the primary business checking account linked to the card.
- 4. How can I pay bills using my MetroCheck Business Card?
- You can make one-time payments by phone, online or mail using your MetroCheck Business Card. Or you can contact your regular providers and tell them to use your MetroCheck Business Card to pay for your monthly bills.
- 5. Can I earn rewards with my MetroCheck Business Card?
- Yes. When you enroll in the optional Visa EXTRAS Rewards Program for MetroCheck Business Card, you can earn points towards rewards on purchases when you sign the receipt instead of entering your PIN, plus when you make purchases online or over the phone. You can choose from great travel, merchandise and gift card rewards. Whether you have one or more than one MetroCheck Business Card linked to the same primary business checking account, all activated cards earn points towards rewards for a single $50 annual program fee.
- 6. What are my daily purchase and cash withdrawal limits?
- Your MetroCheck Business Card comes with a daily limit on the dollar amount of purchases you can make with your card. Also you have a daily cash withdrawal limit at the ATM. Your daily purchase and cash withdrawal limits are printed on the materials that come with your card. Talk to your local Metropolitan National Bank banker or call 1-501-312-5580 to find out more information about your daily limits.
- 7. Can I view purchases I make with the MetroCheck Business Card online?
- Yes. With MetroNet online banking, you have anytime, anywhere access to your account. You can view all transactions, check balances, transfer funds and more. Plus, you can download account data directly into most major financial accounting software.
- 8. What if my card is lost or stolen?
- Simply call us at 1-501-312-5580 as soon as you notice your card is lost or stolen, or if you notice unauthorized use on your account.
- 9. Am I responsible for unauthorized use of my card?
- No. Your card automatically comes with the Metropolitan National Bank's security program which provides zero liability for unauthorized transactions.
- 10. What if I have a billing dispute with a merchant?
- The first step is always to try and resolve the dispute directly with the merchant. If those efforts fail, then call 1-501-312-5580 to make a claim and we will investigate it. Please refer to your current Business Account Agreement for details regarding your responsibility to notify us of disputes within specific timeframes.
- 11. Are purchases I make with my card protected?
- Yes. Most purchases you make with your MetroCheck Business Card are protected against loss, theft and accidental damage under the Purchase Protection benefit. Also, the Extended Protection program doubles most manufacturers' warranties on purchases you make with your card up to one full year.
- 12. How do I apply for a MetroCheck Business Card?
- If you already have a Metropolitan National Bank business checking account, complete the attached application for a MetroCheck Business Card. If you don't already have a business checking account, you can go to any branch location and speak with a Metropolitan National Bank banker.
- 13. How do I activate my MetroCheck Business Card?
- When you receive your card, call the toll-free phone number on the sticker attached to the front. After the card is activated, peel off the sticker and sign the signature panel on the back immediately.
You are leaving the Metropolitan website. Metropolitan does not provide and is not responsible for the website's content or performance. Metropolitan suggests that you consult the Privacy Disclosure on the site for further information.
Click "OK" to continue to the site.