Money Market Business
Individuals and businesses can make unlimited over-the-counter withdrawals and ATM transfers while earning money-market rates. This account also offers limited check-writing privileges with check images returned in the monthly statement.
Use our online savings calculator to help you determine how to increase your savings level.
For information on rates, call or visit one of our nearby and neighborly branch locations.
- Minimum Opening Deposit: $100
- Minimum Daily Balance: $1,000
- Monthly Service Fee: If below minimum, $10.00 monthly service charge; A per item fee of $5.00 for all third-party transactions in excess of 6 per month
- Interest: Money-market rate paid on average daily collected balance, subject to change daily, compounded and paid monthly
- Available for Overdraft Protection: No
- Checkwriting: Limited checkwriting privileges
- Account Access:
- Unlimited in-person withdrawals or ATM transfers
- Transfers to another account by check or draft or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic or telephone transfer are limited to six per statement cycle
- $10.00 fee for each additional third-party transaction after 6
- Unlimited 24-hour use of all Metropolitan ATM locations with no transaction fees
- Unlimited 24-hour access to balances and account transfers on MetroLine telephone banking service
- Online Banking Features:
- View your account and transfer funds online with MetroNet Internet banking service.
- Online check imaging - view or print images of your cleared checks.
- Other Benefits:
- Monthly statement with images of cancelled checks
- Free Metropolitan ATM card
- Free MetroLine telephone banking service
- Safe - Funds insured up to $250,000 by the FDIC
Important information about procedures for opening a new account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money-laundering
activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify
and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What
this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name,
address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify
you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying