Wall Street Savings
With a Wall Street Savings account, the more you save, the more you earn! This account has tiered interest rates with rate increases at $5,000, $10,000, $50,000 and $100,000. Earn interest that is comparable to CD rates, but with the flexibility of a savings account. For rate information, call or visit one of our nearby and neighborly branch locations.
Use our online savings calculator to help you determine how to increase your savings level.
- Minimum Opening Deposit: $100
- Minimum Daily Balance: $5,000
- Monthly Service Fee: If below minimum, $10.00 monthly service charge
- Interest: Interest rate determined by daily collected balance, with rate increases when balance exceeds $5,000, $10,000, $50,000 and $100,000. Interest paid at above market rates, subject to change daily, compounded and paid monthly.
- Available for Overdraft Protection: No
- Checkwriting: Checks are not issued for this type of account.
- Account Access:
- One free withdrawal per month. $10.00 fee for each additional withdrawal after one.
- Unlimited 24-hour use of all Metropolitan ATM locations with no transaction fees
- Unlimited 24-hour access to balances and account transfers on MetroLine telephone banking service
- Online Banking Features: View your account and transfer funds online with MetroNet Internet banking service.*
- Other Benefits:
- Free Metropolitan ATM card
- Free MetroLine telephone banking services
- Safe - Funds insured up to $250,000 by the FDIC
Important information about procedures for opening a new account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money-laundering
activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify
and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What
this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name,
address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify
you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying